The Shrine of St. Joseph
About St. Joseph
Universal Patron of the Church | Protector of Workers, Children, and Families
The Norbertines uphold a traditional devotion to St. Joseph. Regarding this particular saint, Abbot Bernard Pennings, O. Praem., the first abbot of St. Norbert Abbey, once said, “Yes, I pray to God directly, to the Lord, and to St. Norbert as my intercessor, but St. Joseph is my choice in times of great need.” Like Abbot Pennings, countless men, women and children have found solace in praying with St. Joseph, who is the traditional patron of these and many causes:
- manual labor
- rights of workers
- adoptive and foster parenthood
- faith and devotion
- end-of-life expectations
The Shrine of St. Joseph has returned to its original home: Old St. Joseph Church on the St. Norbert College campus (123 Grant St., De Pere, WI 54115-2099).
- The Shrine of St. Joseph is open to the public 8 a.m.-8 p.m. daily.
- Visits for groups larger than 10 must be pre-scheduled at least 10 business days in advance of the visit.
For additional information contact Fr. Michael Brennan, O. Praem., at 920.403.3012.
From St. Norbert Abbey to The Shrine of St. Joseph
1016 N. Broadway, De Pere, WI 54115-2610 to
123 Grant St., De Pere, WI 54115-2099
- Head southwest (left) out of the St. Norbert Abbey driveway onto N. Broadway.
- At the roundabout, take the first exit (to the right) onto Main Ave., traveling across the Claude Allouez Bridge.
- Turn left onto Fourth St. at the traffic lights.
- Turn left onto Reid St. at the traffic lights.
- Continue straight through the next set of traffic lights entering the St. Norbert College campus, following the curve of the road (First St.) to St. Norbert College Parish at Old St. Joseph Church (Grant St.).
Visitor parking is available in and near lot P2 on the left. See the St. Norbert College Parking web page for a map of the campus.